Saturday, April 25, 2015

One Of My Favorite Pictures!




I was adopted shortly after birth, and knew nothing about my biological mother until I was in my 40s, when a half sister tracked me down.  She had also been adopted out. We have been busy since then, researching the family.

The blond toddler on the arm of the chair is my mother.  The adults, my grandparents.  The baby, my Aunt Marjorie.

My mother Rose was a complicated woman with a fascinating life.  She was born in Bangkok.  Her parents and grandparents, and some extended family, were missionaries there.  They were caught up at the beginning of World War II, and were interned in a prison camp when she was around 12 years old.

After they were returned home to the US, more complications....  But she eventually found a kind man who loved her, and raised five wonderful children with him.  Not counting my sister and myself, of course.  But she did right by us, too....


Amazing to find an early picture of my biological mother!  And she looks so much like I did at that age.  And so much like my daughter did then.  One of my favorite pictures, for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment